Role Specific Responsibilities:
- Assists production workers by supplying or holding materials or tools and maintaining clean work area and equipment
- Works from heights, at times, requiring the use of fall protection
- Applies insulation material to exposed surfaces or structures such as hot and cold pipes and storage tanks
- Prepares surfaces to be coated through appropriate grinding/sanding/polishing, cleaning, and masking and operates sandblast machines as needed
- Completes training on the procedures for hydro-testing pipe and other pieces of equipment as jobs require and performs hydro-testing as needed
- Cleans and supplies designated building areas and lunchroom including, but not limited to, servicing, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, restroom cleaning, etc.
- Gathers, empties, and disposes of trash and cardboard in proper location
- Maintains eye wash stations and water coolers in clean and proper working condition
- Sets up, arranges, and removes decorations, tables, chairs and ladders to prepare facilities for events such as banquets and meetings
- Removes snow from sidewalks, driveways, and parking areas by using snow shovel and utilizing appropriate snow removal chemicals
- Maintains open communication with supervisor regarding supplies and equipment necessary for cleaning and maintenance duties
Must possess knowledge necessary to troubleshoot controls as well as design and draw electrical schematics. Ability to manage and implement a project from concept, start up commissioning, to finish is essential. Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
Must possess a high school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
Must have forklift experience.
Must be self-motivated with the drive and determination to succeed and move up as jobs become available into other positions when the knowledge to advance is achieved.
Role Specific Competencies:
Computer skills are minimal but must be able to follow general instructions to clock in/out of payroll system.
Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to operate a forklift. Position requires the individual to wear and use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in order to perform duties. Individual must be able to perform the required duties of lifting, pushing and/or pulling weights up to but not to exceed to 50 pounds. Position will require frequent bending, stooping, and crawling. Individual is responsible for following safe handling guidelines when using chemical liquids and powders.
Americans with Disabilities Act
The company recognizes its responsibility to ensure that all qualified candidates (defined as individuals who can perform all essential job functions), are considered equally for employment and is prepared to make reasonable accommodations to ensure that disabled employees or candidates are not disadvantaged in the candidate selection process.
Civil Rights Act of 1964 Title VII
The company recognizes its responsibility to ensure that all qualified candidates receive equal employment opportunity in the role regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or national origin.
Fair Labor Standards Act (as amended in 2004)
This role has been classified as non-exempt from consideration under current FLSA overtime requirements.
Relocation assistance is not provided.