Role Specific Responsibilities:
• Create and maintain all production schedules for the facility
• Plan and slot all work orders, set capacities and lead times, and verify delivery dates
• Work with all departments to maintain required information and work to keep everyone informed of schedule additions and changes
• Draw up master schedule to establish sequence and lead time of each operation to meet shipping dates according to sales forecasts or customer orders
• Analyze production specifications and plant capacity data and perform mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes, tools, and human resources requirements
• Continually seek ways to improve processes and workflow to drive positive change
• Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
• Accomplish department and company mission by achieving set goals
• Promote and educate others on Astec’s core values
• Follow company policies, procedures and safety rules at all times
This description is representative but not inclusive of all position responsibilities. Associate may be asked from time to time to complete tasks not listed within the contents of this document but that are relative to the goals of the business.
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred, Associates degree or equivalent from an accredited college or technical school with 5 years related planning experience and/or training; or 10+ years of experience as a production planner or master scheduler in a manufacturing environment.
Professional Skills: Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management. Willingness to utilize lean knowledge tools to identify and assist with continuous improvement. Detail oriented with good organizational skills. Willingness and aptitude to implement a planned introduction of Visual ERP scheduling.
Role Specific Competencies: This position will require strong communication skills, along with strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Access, and ERP system knowledge is preferred.
Special Requirements: Must comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas at all times. Must successfully pass a drug screen, physical, and background check. Valid driver’s license is also required.