- Accurately compile timekeeping information for all hourly employees while checking for potential conflicts based on company policy.
- Manage compensation packages using payroll software.
- Maintain thorough organized files and work space with the ability to scan information into electronic files and work toward a paperless payroll process.
- Reconcile and post accounts payable accurately and timely, weekly and at month-end closing.
- Prepare any on demand payroll checks.
- Posting cash received from customers.
- Review and issue forms W-2 to all employees.
- Preparation of annual audit documentation and any necessary testing required.
- Processing accounts payable during downtime.
- Prepare monthly journal entries related to payroll accurately and timely.
Three years of payroll or similar accounting experience, or Associated Degree in Accounting required.
Certified payroll professional preferred. Experience with ADP preferred.
- Attention to detail and accuracy with good problem solving skills and sound judgement.
- Knowledge of general accounting terms with the ability to do reconciliations and analytical analysis as needed.
- Good communication skills to interact with employees and management regarding any payroll questions or concerns.
- Ability be a team player and work with other departments in the company.
- Must be experienced in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook and have the ability to adapt to new and improved processes.
- Knowledge of processing payroll and compliance rules related to payroll.
- Eagerness to improve current processes for efficiency and accuracy.
- Ability to be flexible in a laidback work environment.
General Work Schedule
This position will be scheduled Monday thru Friday and require weekend work when necessary. This individual must be willing and able to stay later than schedule at times to ensure needs are met. During busy times of the year, overtime will be required.