• Researches, writes, edits, and proofreads technical data for use in documents or sections of documents such as manuals, procedures, specifications, etc.
• Ensures technical documentation is accurate, complete and meets any specific customer requirements.
• Reviews published materials and recommends revisions or changes in scope, format, content, and methods of reproduction and binding.
• Interviews service, manufacturing, sales and engineering personnel and reads journals and other material to become familiar with product technologies and production methods.
• Excellent writing, listening, and communication skills are required. Candidate will need to supply examples of past work.
• Minimum 2 year degree in Engineering or Technical Communication preferred. Other degrees may be acceptable with adequate technical experience.
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and other Microsoft Office products required.
• Technical writing skills required. Candidate will need to supply examples of past work.
• Experience using Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop software required.
• Familiarity with product liability issues and ANSI, OSHA, ISO and other governmental or industry standards preferred.
• Engineering, Service or other technical background would be a plus.