Role Specific Responsibilities
- Design schematics and panel layout drawings using AutoCad and AutoCadE Electical
- Produce or assist with electrical bills of materials using Excel
- Program controllers (pressure, temperature, etc.), radar gauges and PLC’s
- Provide electrical technical support to internal and external customers, service, and other personnel within the Astec corporation
- Participates in trainings and other educational opportunities to stay current with technological advances and knowledge related to the field
- Adhere to Astec’s core values and model desirable behaviors with internal and external customers
- Follow company policies, standards and procedures at all times
This description is representative but not inclusive of all position responsibilities. Associate may be asked from time to time to complete tasks not listed within the contents of this document, but that are relative to the goals of the business.
Associate or Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited two or four year college or university in an engineering discipline; Electrical engineering preferred.
Minimum of two (2) years’ experience preferred. Experience with designing and building control panels preferred.
Must have a solid understanding of electronic circuit (digital and analog) theories and design. Able to work cross-functionally and as a team. Must possess problem solving skills and be detail oriented.
Role Specific Competencies:
Must be able to use Microsoft Office Suite, AutoCad, and AutoCadE. Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
Ideal candidate will also possess the following competencies:
- Designing and drawing electrical schematics
- Reading electrical diagrams
- Troubleshooting controls
- Knowledge of 3-phase power
This position will be scheduled Monday thru Friday and require weekend work when necessary. Travel to customer facilities to commission or troubleshoot equipment or attend meetings (up to 25% travel may be required).
Americans with Disabilities Act
The company recognizes its responsibility to ensure that all qualified candidates (defined as individuals who can perform all essential job functions), are considered equally for employment and is prepared to make reasonable accommodations to ensure that disabled employees or candidates are not disadvantaged in the candidate selection process.
Civil Rights Act of 1964 Title VII
The company recognizes its responsibility to ensure that all qualified candidates receive equal employment opportunity in the role regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or national origin.
Fair Labor Standards Act (as amended in 2004)
This role has been classified as exempt from consideration under current FLSA overtime requirements.
Relocation assistance is not provided.