- Program PLC controllers and HMI screens using PLC programming software (Allen Bradley and Siemens)
- Produce or assist with producing electrical bills of materials
- Troubleshoot controls
- Provide electrical tech support to end customers, service department and other personnel within the corporation
- Participate in trainings and other educational opportunities to stay current with technological advances and knowledge related to the field
- Adhere to Astec’s core values and model desirable behaviors with internal and external customers
- Follow company policies, standards and procedures at all times
This description is representative but not inclusive of all position responsibilities. Associate may be asked from time to time to complete tasks not listed within the contents of this document, but that are relative to the goals of the business.
Associate’s Degree (2-year degree) or Bachelor's Degree (4-year degree) in Engineering or related field from an accredited college or university required.
A minimum of 5+ years of experience in programming PLC’s, wiring and troubleshooting equipment. Candidate must understand basic electrical theory, be capable of reading electrical diagrams and have knowledge or experience with designing and/or building control panels. Computer skills are a must.
Additional Preferred Experience
- PLC programming (Allen Bradley and Siemens)
- .net applications; OPC and SQL applications
- Step 7 Classic and Totally Integrated Automation Portal (TIAP V13-14)
- WinCC Comfort
- WinCC Profressional V7.4, V14
- Experience with A-B Studio 5000
- FactoryTalk View ME/SE
- MS Visual Studio 2015
- MS SQL Server
- SQL Server Management Studio
- SQL Server Profiler
- Developing databases
- Table creation – understanding Primary Key and Foreign Key and restraints
- Writing and executing queries and stored procedures
- Creating User Defined Functions
- Experience or exposure to OPC-DA (Data Access) OPC-UA (Unified Architecture)
- Understanding of OPC Server and Client relationships
Must be self-motivated, able to follow directions, and work independently and as a team-player. Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) are critical. Strong customer service and support skills are vital.
Role Specific Competencies:
Must possess knowledge necessary to troubleshoot controls as well as design and draw electrical schematics. Ability to manage and implement a project from concept, start up commissioning, to finish is essential. Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
Travel to customer facilities to commission or troubleshoot equipment or to attend meetings is required up to 50% of the time. Candidate must be able to travel internationally and obtain Transportation Worker Identification Credentials (TWICS Pass) within two (2) months of hiring. Must have a valid driver’s license and pass a background check, credit check, physical and drug screen. Position will be scheduled Monday thru Friday and require weekend work as necessary. This individual must be willing and able to stay later than scheduled at times to ensure customer (both internal and external) needs are met.
Americans with Disabilities Act
The company recognizes its responsibility to ensure that all qualified candidates (defined as individuals who can perform all essential job functions), are considered equally for employment and is prepared to make reasonable accommodations to ensure that disabled employees or candidates are not disadvantaged in the candidate selection process.
Civil Rights Act of 1964 Title VII
The company recognizes its responsibility to ensure that all qualified candidates receive equal employment opportunity in the role regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or national origin.
Fair Labor Standards Act (as amended in 2004)
This role has been classified as exempt from consideration under current FLSA overtime requirements.
Relocation assistance is not provided.