This position covers the Northeast Territory Including Canada.
S.E. Canada, Delaware, New Hampshire, Maine, Vermont, Rhode Island, Connecticut, W. Virginia, Penn., New York, New Jersey, Virginia and Maryland.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Call on customers in an assigned territory S.E. Canada, Delaware New Hampshire, Maine, Vermont, Rhode Island, Connecticut, W. Virginia, Penn., New York, New Jersey, Virginia and Maryland
• Will be required to attend various meetings, trade shows, and conventions
• Responsible for all customer account management, sales, credit problems, warranties, and business development in territory
• Extensive overnight travel (approximately 4 day/week) is required
• Person must live in the territory of responsibility
• Attend customer service school dinners by Heatec and other functions as necessary
• Any other duties as assigned by Parts Manager
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
• Possess mechanical aptitude
• Prefer knowledge of asphalt equipment
• Good communication skills, able to handle and resolve customer complaints
• Ability to travel – (valid driver’s license required)
• Ability to Multi Task
Experience and Education
• Minimum high school diploma or equivalent
• Prefer two years post high school
• Prefer three to five years’ experience in sales and an understanding of customer relations
• Experience in mechanical and machinery related industry
• Prefer ability to read mechanical drawings
• Experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
Ability to solve practical problems related to heating systems and parts orders and successfully deals with a variety of potentially complex situations relating to job requirements, including dealing with any customer issues.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop and kneel or crawl; and talk and hear. The associate frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate must operate an automobile. The associate must frequently lift and/or move more than 10 pounds and occasionally up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing functions on this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is periodically exposed to risk of injury in an asphalt plant environment. The associate is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions when going into the asphalt plant area or traveling. The noise level in the plant environment is occasionally very loud and conditions are normally hot.
Pay based on qualifications with commision and company car.