The system was installed at the plant site by Heatec field technicians. Key features of this plant are as follows:
- Bag hoisting system with motorized trolley
- 150 cubic foot polymer hopper with air cannon to ensure uniform flow
- Polymer auger
- Two polymer blending tanks with mixers, 4,000 gallons each
- 300 hp mill with cooling unit
- Cross link pump and blending system
- Three 35,000 gallon vertical asphalt that serve as let down tanks. Each tank has a mixer for final blending and a pressure transmitter for level indications.
- Valves are motorized for remote control
- Hydrogen sulfide safety alarm system
- PLC control system with fiber optics
The bag hoisting system facilitates emptying the polymer bags into the hopper without use of a fork lift truck or box dumper.
Significant advantages of the PLC controls and fiber optics are as follows:
- Immunity to lightning strikes.
- No ground loops that can cause malfunctions because of stray signals or unwanted current paths.
- Greatly reduces the number of conductors needed for control circuits.