The barge unloading system was still under construction when this photo was made. The system provides asphalt piping from the Century terminal in Baytown Texas to a dock on the Cedar Bayou Waterway. When complete it will have the following features:
- Approximately 1,800 feet of 10 inch asphalt piping from the dock to the plant site plus another 1,200 feet of piping to the last tank.
- The piping has 11 expansion loops and three bridges, which also serve as expansion loops.
- Piping is insulated and heated by electric heat tracing.
- Unloading rate is 1,600 gpm.
- The dock will have a 20 x 30 foot steel platform and a hose crane.